Monday, November 9, 2009

I Always Want What I Can't Have...

This realization came at the Michael Jackson movie, This Is It. I didn't have tickets to his concert, I had absolutely no intention of ever getting tickets, and I probably never would have watched a video of the concert or footage from the real thing. However, now that he's gone, I would have given practically anything (within reason...) for Michael to have performed just one full concert! He marked his dances in This Is It...and they were still impressive. He only sang a few notes of each song...and I was still in awe. I remembered why I hung his poster in my bedroom when I was five. He's talented beyond belief...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh yay Kami! I'm so glad you loved it! Jon and I went because Jon INSISTED (biggest fan ever since age 5 as well) and I felt EXACTLY like you did, I wish he could have performed it at least once! I gained a lot of respect for him, even if I was reminded that I couldn't stand some of his early 90's soft rock songs. :) For the most part he was amazing, I couldn't believe how well he knew all his old songs, note for note, and then there's the dancing...he's so dang talented.