Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LEGENDARY!!!

Let me start by saying, my friends are amazing and Wayne gets all the credit for this weekend-he never gave up on Delaware or the rodeo or the beach. Thank you DeWayne and Delaware, you made my birthday weekend... LEGENDARY!

Wayne, Jenny, Di and I bolted out of DC and into the Delaware countryside (who knew there were cornfields in DE!) to get back to our roots.

It was the Delaware State Fair, and there's no way we'd miss that. The fairgrounds came out of nowhere...right in the middle of a teeny town, down the street from the local John Deere dealer-perfectly placed in the countryside!

It's been too long since I've been to a good fair-I literally ran to the gate! My heart was so happy! Wayne and I even sported or "country" gear to celebrate-gotta love a good boots/cow tipping shirt!

Of course, we began our fair adventure at the rodeo. Mercy me, I've never enjoyed a rodeo more. I'd like to personally thank the one cowboy that managed to ride for 8 seconds! Come west, young men, and we'll show you some real bullriders. They did their best, and I enjoyed myself, even if they weren't as talented as the cowboys I know!

Next stop, the pre-fab home! Wayne and I thought it only proper that we enter our new trailer in style...

And what's the best part of the fair? FAIR FOOD!!! We had homemade rootbeer, corndogs, gyros, kettle corn, fried twinkies, and a heartattack-but it was all worth it!

All the rodeoing and eating left us pretty bushed, so sadly we had to say goodbye-but don't worry, I'll be back Delaware State Fair! (seriously, for the Carrie Underwood concert on Monday!)

We said goodbye to the sights and sounds of the state fair...and headed to our luxury suite at the Super 8.

What are true friends for? Brushing your teeth at the Super 8. Don't ask me why...we're just that weird sometimes.

We woke up early-ish Saturday and headed to the Super Wal-Mart (I love America) to load up on beach food! Then headed off to Rehobeth Beach to meet up with more of our friends. It was a magical day in the sand...


We lounged, strolled the boardwalk, and played volleyball (Aggies v Cougars, and girls v guys-do you even need to ask who won?!?)



We paid tribute to America, then hit the road back to DC...



Delaware did not disappoint...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you definitely celebrated in style! I love reading about all your fun and adventures!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Happy Birthday Kamie! I hope Delaware was almost-but-not-quite-as-great-as the birthday cake with stripes two years ago :). TWO years! Crazy!

Jaci said...

you are so cute! I love the beach picture with your two glass bottles of coke. that should be on a bill board! :)
you saw carrie??? wow! I am wishing I were there with you.

Jenny said...

Ah, it was legendary, wasn't it?! I don't want to sound stupid here, but who DID win those volleyball games.... I think my memory and your memory might be different!! :) Loved the post!