Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love, Love, Love!

I'm officially a big girl! I've grown up and actually committed to something (unfortunately still working on committing to someone..haha!). Meet my new love...Daisy (that's her tentative name...we'll see if it sticks. Oh and I've decided since my last post that my car is indeed a girl, so disregard all the he's in the previous blog.) It took me forever to decide what kind of car I wanted but, now that all is said and done, I couldn't be happier!


Daisy's a "crystal white" 2009 Mazda3, and she fits me perfectly. I love when I tell my friends what kind of car I bought and they say, 'ooh that is such a Kami car.' We're totally made for each other :) I had to search all over the DC area for a white one (I don't know why, but I love the white) and when I finally found Daisy (all the way out in Baltimore), she turned out to be a really good deal too-a match made in car heaven!


And to continue the introductions...meet Wayne (not his first nor his last appearance on my blog), my car guy. Everyone I talked to about buying a car was so nervous for me to do this on my own. "You'll get taken...girls always get ripped off...you can't haggle...blah, blah, blah." Oh, I heard it all...but thanks to Wayne, none of these things happened (except the haggling-we did do some of that and got ourselves a good deal). Wayne also made sure Daisy and I found our way home from middle of nowhere Baltimore safely (while fluctuating speeds to break in her engine). He's such a good guy and a great friend...Daisy and I will repay you somehow Wayne!



Our silly salesman should have known better than to leave Wayne and I alone in the showroom for so long! We played in all the cars, took lots of pictures, drank all the bottled water and just had a great time. As you can see, Miata's weren't made for Wayne...notice his head about a foot above the top of the car. The discrimination tall people face-incredible...and I thought shorties had it bad.


And to continue the intros...this is Bob, he sold me my car. He was a good salesman for me, not too pushy, gave me a good deal (I hope), and just seemed like a very nice guy. And believe me, Wayne and I met our fair share of car salesmen. I don't know if it was Valentine's Day that brought out the love in our salesmen, but we heard a lot of personal stories (not from Bob) during our car buying adventure. At a previous dealership, the salesman didn't give me any info about the car I was test driving, but I did walk away knowing that he was about to get married and that he and his future wife would probably start "popping out" kids pretty quickly, as she is "older" and her "clock" is ticking. I felt bad when I interrupted his story to ask about fuel efficiency and safety features-silly car buyer! That's just one example of the interesting tidbits about random salesman lives Wayne and I were privileged to hear during our shopping experience. Do you think trying to make some sort of personal connection is a new car sales tactic?


This is me...waiting to make Daisy mine! This was the largest purchase I've ever made and it was slightly terrifying writing out the check and signing all those papers! I was joking with the finance dude and asked "do I still get my first born?" He didn't think I was funny...it's a good thing Wayne was there to laugh at my jokes.

Well, there she is...my new love. I forgot how much I love driving and having my freedom-it's amazing. Hopefully I'm still in love after the car payments start :)

In other news, I was watching Jeopardy (which I love, and don't care that it makes me sound like a nerd) as I wrote this blog and I got the final Jeopardy question right- I love feeling smart! The category was Political Terms and the answer was "John Adams first used this term in 1793(?) as he wrote describing a meeting of friends." Do you know the question???

13 comments:

Terrace Crawford said...

Just ran across your blog today online. Thought I'd say hello!

--Terrace Crawford
http://www.terracecrawford.com
http://www.twitter.com/terracecrawford

Jaci said...

Kami you are too cute. I love Daisy. She fits you perfectly. You are both so pretty! :) I'm glad you had so much fun with the purchasing process. So glad for you!
Will you be driving Daisy across the county anytime soon? Wow, you amaze me girl. I feel like I struggle getting around SL and you go who knows where?-- I guess it's where your heart desires right? :) Sure do love ya.
I'll be thinking of you today... we are finally having a little luncheon with some of the old high school gals. You will be missed!

Capesmom said...

My funny daughter. So glad you have your "freedom" back. I've never bought a car on my own....so impressive. Can't wait to ride in Daisy with you!:) I have no idea the question? (Who really would know that?????)
Love and miss you!
P.S. Be careful and no talking or texting when you drive!

Capesmom said...

Hi Kami I like your new car I wanted to say hi.
love, Kalli

kelly said...

Kami! I love it, congratulations! I just finished the John Adams book (which I loved), but I'm not sure about the answer. I obviously was not thinking about Jeapardy while reading. Maybe I'll have to do a little research. . .!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh you are so awesome!! I remember that feeling when I bought my Corolla! We didn't haggle at all and I think I got a little taken - but it's all good because I learned a lot about the whole finance system, which is a big lesson in its self. Yeah for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gavin and Katie said...

Kami you're so cute. You amaze me at how brave you are I think you got all of the guts in the Capener family. I wish I had some of your ambition. Love ya! Have fun with the new car.
P.S. I agree that Daisy had to be a girl. And I very much like her name.

Grmatammy said...

Hi Kami,
This your grandma posting for the first time. You are a brave little gal and I'm proud of the choices and decisions you've made. I can't believe at your young age the amazing ventures you've tackled. Your Daisy decision is "huge" and you and she will do just fine. Just watch out for the other guy and be safe!! Love you forever...

Jessica said...

Love It Kami, Your such a babe!!!

Melissa said...

I knew it was a Kami car! It looks perfect with you! :) I'm so excited for your new-found freedom, and so excited to see you this week!!

Megan said...

Kami,
What a great choice in cars! I love it. You are darling and I am so glad you are doing so well out in DC. I'm proud of you for buying a car on your own. That is very scary but so exciting at the same time! I hope you enjoy Daisy and that it continues to be a wonderful relationship! haha.
Megan :)

Unknown said...

I love your new car! I'm so jealous!