Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So Long, Farewell...

My sweet little Tabbi-kins is off on an Asian adventure and I miss her! However, before she skipped town, she finished her DC chapter with lots and lots of adventures-and let me tag along on quite a few of them. Here are some highlights...
NYC Museum Tour

We broke the cardinal rule of Chinatown buses. Do NOT, I repeat do NOT sit next to the potties...eek!

The Fray and Jack's Mannequin Concert at the Merriweather Post Pavilion

Tabbi's Leavin on a Jet Plane Good-bye Party

I love this girl and her zest for life. I love that we know the same people (dating back 15 years...) and the same places. I love her heart of gold. I love all the adventures we've been on together (Duck, NYC 3X, Palmyra/Niagara Falls, Eastern Market, Williamsburg/Richmond, Cherry Blossom Festivals, Scottish Christmas Parades, Drag Queen Races, Rehoboth Beach, Police 5ks, musicals and ballets, Costco Pizza, Sunday dinners, Georgetown Gelato, touring with friends from home/USU, lil fender-benders :), and on and on). And I love that we've helped each other through our growing pains (sometimes its hard being a big girl!) over the last 2 years.


I love my Tabbi and I'm so glad it's not goodbye, just see you later...we're both from Tree town, she can't get rid of me that easily :)

2 comments:

Marques said...

If I remember correctly, wasn't "Asian Adventure" your nickname in college? :)

allegra said...

i love the China town, make-shift masks photo! I can just picture how fun you two must have together... I hate seeing friends move away or when I move away from my friends! It stinks, I'm sorry. But at least you'll see her again:)

You're so cute. I follow your blog in google reader but never make it out to comment. I think you and Tabbi are similar in 'carpe diem' attitudes. I like that about you guys.