Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break...

When I graduated, nobody mentioned the "real world" doesn't include spring break...which totally stinks! So I decided to take myself on my own little "spring break" trip back to UT. I flew in just in time for the wedding of my last single girlfriend from high school (thanks for the late night/early morn pick-up dad)! Karly and Greg's wedding was beautiful...they're the cutest couple! The sealing was spectacular (so I hear), the breakfast was delish, and the reception was crowded with lots of familiar faces and good friends! I love when love works...congrats Karly and Greg!
The rest of my "spring break" was spent with the family...

School lunch with my favorite second grader! I don't think I've had a meal that balanced since...elementary school! Grandma and I got to meet all of Kalli's friends, see her cute classroom, and play on the big toy! (Oh, the memories on those monkey bars-they've been there since I was in elementary school! Can you say OLD!?!)

And who wouldn't want to re-live the high school days a bit...good ole' BRHS Junior Prom!

The rest of the week was spent visiting old friends, meeting and getting reacquainted with all of their new babes, visiting family, watching baseball games, eating and shopping! Ahh...the good life!

Eggs, eggs and more eggs! We dyed them...


We hunted them....


And the grand finale...we chucked 'em down the hill!


Welcome to the 25th Annual Capener Family Picnic and Egg Toss! Intense...I know, Capener's don't mess around when it comes to their egg toss! We hike up our mountain armed with dozens of easter eggs (and I mean DOZENS, at least 20) and then, it's bombs away! The boys have contests to see who can throw the farthest (which I'm pretty sure Cade won...woot woot for the youngest bro!), target practice (Uncle Ken seems to be a fav) and then gather all the uncracked eggs and throw 'em again! Don't ask us why we do it...we really don't know! But, its tradition, it makes us happy and its an excuse to get together!

The addition of new Capener's brings new traditions! Meet my sis-in-law Morgan. She likes to mix things up! Boiled eggs? Nah! Dyed eggs? No way! She and Jas (big fans of multi-tasking) dyed their raw eggs right as we tossed! She keeps us crackin' up!

And these are the blessed folks that keep us going! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Capener for all the traditions that make us unique! We love you!

5 comments:

Capesmom said...

Hi Kami dear,
Golly, I didn't know we were so much fun!!!!!! It was so good to have you home, yelling at you to take out your contacts, watching you sleep till noon, eat junk and check your email. We miss you!
Love, Mom

Alicia said...

Kami!

Hey, it's Alicia Starkey (well, Manning now). From oakridge, many years ago;) I found your blog through tabbi, who is one of my cousin's friend. Random. I've been reading some of your post and it sounds like an adventure!

Jason & Morgan said...

O KAMi,
I think that is a pretty good tradition, I'll have to do it again saves lots of time,I survived cheer try-outs two of my girls made it and four of them didn't but I think that they're learning that life goes on, Jason is busy working for IFA the last two weeks and already hates it and wants to be on the farm but there moving pretty slow we had snow again this week I'm way ready for SPRING!!Love ya

Mandy Campbell said...

I so wish i could have been home to see you! I miss you and can't believe it has almost been a whole year since I've seen you. We are going to get together the next time you're in town even if me and Sawyer have to Hitch Hike the whole way. I need to see you, I miss your face. I love you so much! Hope everything is good!

John and Melanie said...

Kami, I never called to thank you for helping my family get a tour. You are quite literally the best! Your trip home sounds like a blast, family is so great. I hear you have an intern from Provo named Tanner Harmon. If so give him hearty Bulgarian Pozdravi. He might not know what that is because he served in Serbia but he will get the gist. Again, thanks so much for helping my fam out. You rock. Random question, Do they still have seersucker thursdays on the hill?