Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Small and Simple Things...

If I hadn't been laughing so hard at myself this morning, I'd probably be crying. It was just one of those mornings! I ran out to catch the bus and as I was navigating the little incline out of my complex to the street corner, I lost my footing in the mud and slid...and by slid, I mean feet over head fallin'! My headband flew off-the force was that great! Of course, I chose to wear a skirt today, and not just any skirt, but a flowy skirt that flew over my head as I landed on my butt/back. Think Marilyn Monroe...minus the sex appeal. It was definitely one of my more graceful moments (I'd like to thank my mother now, for inheriting her gracefulness). Even with such a lovely morning, I found some small and simple things to be grateful for...

~My tights are sturdy...my ankle may have a large run up it, but my tights don't.
~Only half the neighborhood and 2 school buses were waiting at the light this morning.
~None of my usual bus friends/ward members (that I know of) witnessed the show.
~Just one of my creepy neighbors was quick enough to snap a pic of my skirt above my head...I'm sensing some internet fame coming my way!
~Only half my skirt, the arm of my coat, and the bottom of my purse have any mud/dirt remnants.
~I noticed my cute red headband in the dirt before crossing the road.
~I remembered to pack my lunch (leftover stir fry) and a coke.
~I was able to get the rice kernels and broccoli out of my purse before my fav bag took on too much of a teriyaki scent (my cheap container cracked during the fall-they don't make tupperware like they used to!).
~I found my contact before it had completely dried out. (After picking myself up and getting on the bus, of course my contact popped out of my eye!)

So all in all, this morning wasn't too bad. It really could have been worse...

9 comments:

brooke said...

way to look on the bright side.. after running to catch my bus this morning, the driver said I need to leave earlier next time.

brooke said...

way to look on the bright side.. after running to catch my bus this morning, the driver said I need to leave earlier next time.

Alexis said...

Wow...that is so funny. What a way to start off your morning! I almost die every morning as I slide on the ice...it's Logan after all.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Wow I'm so impressed with your optimism. You are soo cute I miss you! I'm glad you are OK!

Jason & Morgan said...

We are so glad that you are okay, and that nothing is broken, we love ya miss glad your coming back down in couple weeks

Melissa said...

Kami...you are hilarious. You make me laugh and I miss you! Someone really took a picture of you before you got up? Weirdo!! I always worry about having freaky neighbors...even if I've never met mine. I'm sure I have some! I could totally see something like that happening to me...you should see the way I have to run my .7 mile every morning to to the metro so I won't be late--I'm asking for an accident.

Jaci said...

you are the cutest thing! I love that you can admit this moment.
I would be caught in the same scene. I have the best of luck too.
Enjoy the muddy stir-fry. ;)

Brian said...

Wow, you accomplished quite a bit before lunch...

:)

amber said...

Girlfreind you are so cute! Im sure you had a ton of sex appeal!!!! Oh and I finally figured out how to blog. I just wanted to tell you how nice it was having you over to see Addi and I. Your the best!