Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home...on a budget

President Uchtdorf's talk at the General Relief Society Meeting renewed Diana and I's confidence in our ability to create a real home. After last fall's remodeling project (black paint+ fake wood dressers=headache), we'd taken a lil break from the decorating and home projects. But after some encouraging words, we figured it was about time to get back in the home decorating saddle. Di and I spent a whole day searching every possible cheap home store in northern Virginia and we found some pretty good deals.


We got shelves and a big star to put up on our bare walls, decorations for our mantle, and new pillows to add a little flare to our couch. The front room is really looking up-in fact the neighbor boys even commented on how welcoming our house is (SCORE!!). We'd whipped the room into shape, but we still had one BIG problem...


Hello ugly, denim ottoman in the middle of the room! It was simply not acceptable, so we took matters into our own hands and turned the eyesore into this...


That's right, we reupholstered our ottoman...not too shabby if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Kami,
Impressive! You go girl! Maybe you should make a visit to Utah when I get back home and help me finish all of my remodeling projects I have had for a few years. Hah hah! Looks like you had fun. Miss you! Give me a call!