Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Off to the races!

I love living in the city! Things happen here that you'd never find in little, old Tremonton-both good and bad! Not sure which category this fits but on the Tuesday before Halloween everyone gathers near Dupont Circle in DC for the annual Drag Queen race! These "ladies" dress up, throw on some high heels and strut up and down 17th street before racing down the street in their high, high, heels! It's definitely a sight!


Todd Palin supportin his girl Sarah


And here's Sarah now


Princess Diana and her bodyguards


The FLDS Polygamist wives running around with all their kids


Mayor Adrian Fenty-DC's Mayor (the real guy-he is not a drag queen!)


Miss Coco Chanel


Oh, the sites and sounds of DC...gotta love this place (and these girls-Tabs, Jenny, and Carlie bravin' the cold with me!)

1 comment:

Brian said...

wow... I went to that same event when my family was in town. Apparently we were a little late because we didn't really get a good view of anything except for some of the taller "gals." My little sister sat on my dad's shoulders and said it was "really weird." Your photos are the first ones I have seen of the event that I attended but didn't witness.