Friday, November 28, 2008

Up, Up and Away...

I screamed like a little school girl for the first time in my life! And who, you might ask, warranted such a reaction? Keith Urban? Nah. Justin Timberlake? Nope. George Clooney? You're getting closer...a different George! How about President George W? Ding ding!


My good friend Mike works at the White House and always hooks me up with awesome experiences...this time it was a Marine One (the President's helicopter) take off ceremony. The President, Mrs. Bush and daughter Barbara were headed to Camp David for Thanksgiving, and we got to see them walk out, wave and take off in the copter. It was awesome! They roll big red landing dots out onto the White House's front lawn and the helicopter comes and lands right on them. It is pretty wild how much wind there is from the helicopter. I'm not sure if I can blame the helicopter or the President and Co...but I was blown away!

Oh, and to make it that much better. My girl Dana Perino, along with Charles Gibson were also taking off with the President. Love it!

No comments: