Monday, August 3, 2009

Like it was just yesterday...

This is my Kalli-girl. She's quite the little lady. She loves dancing, singing, playing with Grandma, teasing her brothers, finding kitties to save, and being cute. And she's really good at all of 'em. But, she's probably the best at being a sister...a girl couldn't ask for anyone better.

Did I mention she can touch her tongue to her nose? Now that's talent!

This little lady was the answer to many, many prayers...I prayed all my life for a sister. When I was a little girl (and a big one, too) I wanted a sis more than a pony or a Barbie convertible or even a trampoline. Almost every time I blew out my birthday candles, I wished for a sister. And just when I thought all hope was lost...along came Kalli. She was definitely worth the wait-I couldn't dream of a better sister. She's perfect in every way!
For the past NINE years, she's been one of my best friends. She knows just what to say to make me feel better-on my last birthday she reassured me that I wasn't that old! However, I must be a little bit old, because I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday! Best day of my life for sure! Thanks for being my sissy, Kalli Mae. I can't wait for our next sleep over and shopping trip and dance party. I love you forever and ever! Happy Birthday Kal-girl!

Oh, and you're birthday package is in the mail sweetheart...sorry its late!

2 comments:

Jaci said...

aww! what a sweet big sister you are Kami. I love that you wished for her while blowing out your candles. I bet you are her hero.
When are you coming home again? I'd love to see you when you do! :)

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I've always been so envious of your sister story. I think you were more spiritual than I was -- I prayed for one too! hehe

Happy birthday Kami's little sis.