Friday, September 11, 2009

Eight Years Ago...

   September 11, 2001


The Pentagon Memorial
I remember exactly where I was when I first heard the news. I'm sure all of you do too. Eight years ago, I remember being glued to the television, crying as I watched the names and faces of all the 9/11 victims flash across the screen. I remember hearing their somewhat everyday, yet amazing stories. Stories of moms and dads, brothers and sisters, friends and neighbors...most of them just living quiet lives and trying to make our world a little better. Eight years ago I never imagined that I would live and work amongst the people and the places that terrorists targeted to spread their hate that day. I never imagined that those moms and dads, and brothers and sisters who witnessed 9/11 with their own eyes would become my friends and neighbors. Eight years later, I hope we all take time to remember that day and all the moms and dads, brothers and sisters, and friends and neighbors who have lost their lives as a result of the events eight years ago. I'm grateful for their sacrifices so that I can continue living my quiet life and keep trying to make our world a little better. 

No comments: