Wednesday, February 13, 2008

George Stephanopoulos...

was just feet from me, and I swear we made eye contact at least twice. :) I was as close to him, as he's been to the last three presidents, almost every "household name" politician, and more importantly, the ladies of The View. Di and I went to "An Evening with George Stephanopoulos: The Media and the 2008 Political Season" (again, much thanks to Mike and his twin Tom) last night at GW, and it was awesome. I love hearing about the life and times of such a successful professional! Telling the stories of so many important movers and shakers really has given him a pretty incredible story himself! I was inspired, he makes me WANT/NEED to get back into the communications field SO badly!

Some tidbits from George:
~3 is a good rule of thumb. Ask the tough question three times, then move on if your interviewee skirts around and won't answer...unless your instinct tells you otherwise.
~Anytime you get a real response, as opposed to a talking point, you've succeeded!
~If journalism is your passion and it makes sense in your heart and in your mind...DO IT!

2 comments:

Marques said...

He is an arrogant liberal...

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Is it wrong that success in my world is defined as getting clients to STAY on talking point? :) If getting a candid, honest answer from an interviewee is rewarding, you should meet one of my clients. I don't think he's ever read a SINGLE talking point I've put in front of him - and it always ends up in a slightly awkward mess :)

Kami, doll! I just adore you and I love reliving my DC summer through your posts. Hope you're doing well!