Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Letter...

Naive 17-year old Kami wrote a letter to 22-year old Kami in a psychology class senior year of high school. Mrs. Gephart followed through five years later on mailing it...and I've been anxiously waiting to read it since my mom mentioned its arrival in UT. Bless the USPS for getting it to VA in just 2 days!

I think I might have known more about this crazy life 5 years ago...or at least I thought I did :) Either way, it's interesting to think what I thought life would be...

Dear 2008 Kami, April 29, 2003

Well, can you believe its been five years since graduation! Time really does fly-I hope you're making the most of the time and opportunities you've been blessed with! You better have graduated from college-hopefully with pretty good grades! You better have a job and some savings.

Maybe you're even on a mission-that would be so awesome! Or maybe you're married-aagh!* Hopefully whoever you are you're happy and healthy. You better have married a good boy in the temple and hopefully he's really cute and nice and smart and hot-like Cade Buck**! Whoever he is you better be nice to him and love him lots!

Hopefully you have learned how to work! But remember how much you want to stay at home when you have kids! Jobs and worldly stuff aren't that important. Church and family are the most important-ALWAYS! I hope you've moved on from high school -that transition really sucked!

College is probably almost over-wow another turning point! I hope you are happy with where you went and who you've become. College was fun I hope and you better have worked hard. I hope you've been busy with church, school, family and work. Maybe you're in Provo or Hawaii or Logan***! Hopefully, you've accomplished and set many goals. Maybe some of these:
~Graduate from college
~Married in the temple
~BYU-Hawaii
~Good Job
~Strong Testimony
~Good relationships
~Serving others
~HAPPY

Well, hopefully you're shooting for the stars and helping others too!

Love, 2003 Kami


*It seems I was terrified of marriage even in high school.
**Happily married, but still one of the boys I admire most in this world!
***Nope, nope, and nope, how 'bout Arlington, Virginia-woot woo!

Even if I didn't accomplish all of the things on my 5 year to do list, I'm happy, healthy and more blessed than I was 5 years ago. My life is different than I envisioned, sometimes more challenging than I thought, but better than I could have imagined as a high school senior.

8 comments:

Jazzy said...

Oh I love that! Thanks for sharing. I think I love it so much because I love you are, who you always have been and admire you for the life you're living now. We really need to talk some time. Love~

Marques said...

Good post...

Mary said...

What an interesting post! And, btw, Arlington VA is totally better then Provo & Logan. You have done well for yourself :)

Mandy Campbell said...

I think you have done really well for yourself. So what you're not married. You are living it up. You are a wonderful person and a great friend and Mr. right will come a long.I love you and miss you tons!!!

Jaci said...

oh my heck! I wonder if my letter is at my parents' house??
I loved reading yours. I laughed outloud, smiled, and just sat in awe with how high you set your goals, and you ACHIEVE them! you are truly amazing.

Tabbi said...

You were a smart girl, even for being a senior at BRHS! Your life is pretty awesome! ;)

Dave and KayDee said...

I loved seeing this. I haven't yet got my letter I can't wait to read what I wrote and laugh. I really liked the part about Cade! LOL it is so funny to look back and remember those days.

Jenny said...

Kami, I just got back from an online break and am getting back up to date... and wow, you are amazing. I am in awe at how solid you were in high school. I loved that letter. Also, my parents just loved you! They thought you were sooo great, they were both telling me all about you! How lucky for them to get to see you! They also sent me a cute picture of you with my dad, which was very fun to see. I'm going to forward it on to you.