Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year's Resolution...

One of my New Year's resolutions is to read more...more scriptures, more classics, more blogs :), more everything! I finished my first book of 2009...and it was inpsiring. I suggest you read it too.



For those of you that haven't read it, The Last Lecture talks about childhood dreams, so in no particular order, here are some of my childhood dreams:

~To be a TV news reporter
~To be a mom (and name all my children with K's just like the Veibells!)
~To be a mailman :)
~To be blonde (haha, not happening!!)
~To travel Europe
~To have a sister!

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted..."

I can safely say, I've had a lot of my childhood dreams come true and a lot of experience...and I wouldn't change any of it!

Disclaimer: I stole your book mom...I'll bring it back with me the next time I come home! Love you :)

4 comments:

kelly said...

loved the book too. . .I thought it was a great one to start the new year with!
The girls are still talking about their great day with Kami! THanks so much!

kelly said...

ps. My newest read is John Adams, by David McCollough. Very good so far. . .Bet you'd like it.

Jason & Morgan said...

Hey I started to read that at your mom's awhile ago, and was actually looking for it on Sunday and couldn't find it.Glad the mystery is solved.

Michelle said...

It was so good to see you the other day at the mall. Small world:) I have really wanted to read that book and haven't gotten the time to go buy it but I'm glad to know it is so good and inspiring. I love that one of your childhood dreams was to be blonde...one of mine too and just like you it's not happening! Ha!