Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Preserve, Protect and Defend...

Oh my INAUGURATION! The crowds, the cold, the celebrities...it was quite the experience. The energy in the District has been catching, Obama fan or not. A peaceful transfer of power really is something to celebrate. What a country...I'm proud to be an American!


My first view of the National Mall was absolutely breathtaking! The masses and masses of people were astounding...from the Capitol all the way down to the Lincoln Memorial, climbing on top of statues and monuments, standing on the frozen reflecting pool...any inch of space was consumed by a body. And I had an awesome view, I basically saw what Prez Obama saw as he was sworn in! AMAZING...


Inauguration '09 baby...brrrr!

Yo Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman playing for the President-Elect.

Taking the Oath of Office...

President Dad?!? Now that has to be weird!

Look closely and you can see the Bush's, Cheney's, Biden's, Supreme Court Justices, all the Senators, basically all my kind of celebrities :)


"In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned."~President Obama

I'm hopeful that our nation and our new president will continue to earn the right to be called great....

On a side note and for posterity's sake, let me name a few of the people I talked to, was within hands reach of, rode elevators with, or spotted today...Colin Powell, the Supreme Court Justices, Aretha Franklin, Yo Yo, John Cusack, Andrea Mitchell, all the Senators (and their spouses...very interesting interactions), Gov. Huntsman, Art Douglas :) and on and on and on...it was a political junky's heaven! As President Bush put it..."it's a good day for America."

3 comments:

Megan said...

How cool that you got to be there! As I was watching it with my students in my classroom I was wondering if you were there participating and enjoying it. I hope everything is still going well in DC. It was fun to see you for a moment while you were home for Christmas! :)

Tabbi said...

You had the best view, when are you sending me those pictures?

Gavin and Katie said...

Wow! That's amazing Kami! You truely get to witness history being made. You're like our little claim to fame! Have fun in DC.